Beauty Changes Lives and L’Oréal Professionnel invite applications for the L’Oréal Professionnel Empowering Diversity Scholarship for Students of Colour in the USA for the 2022/23 academic year.
L’Oréal Professionnel prides itself on demonstrating one of its core values to support diversity and equality within the hairdressing profession. It provides funding for students enrolled or accepted in a cosmetology program at any accredited institution. These are institutions whose service demonstrate a commitment to justice, equity, and diversity.
Worth of Award
The scholarship awards up to $5,000 in tuition funding.
- This scholarship will be available to anyone who identifies as a person of colour.
- It is open to new or currently enrolled students in a cosmetology program that leads to licensure at an accredited school in the U.S.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- The applicant must be eighteen (18) years of age or older by the start date of the program at the accredited school or institution.
- Celebrating diversity, the scholarship is open to students who identify as a person of colour whose service demonstrates a commitment to justice, equity and diversity. Beyond demonstrating their commitment to these principles, applicants will be evaluated based on academic achievement, community involvement and financial need.
- Family members of L’Oreal Professionnel, elevate Salon Institute or the Franchisor are not eligible for this scholarship. Past winners of LP Scholarships cannot apply.
How to Apply
- Complete online application and submit proof of enrollment for a cosmetology program with uploading your: progress report, or official acceptance letter from your school.
- Submit a 3-minute maximum length YouTube video with a public link answering the following 3 questions:
- When was the moment you decided a career in beauty was your passion?
- What can the industry do better to support diversity and equality within the profession?
- Who is a role model you look up to that makes you strive to be the best at your craft?
Deadline: Applications for the L’Oréal Professionnel Empowering Diversity Scholarship are accepted from September 1 to November 30, 2022.