The United Bank for Africa (UBA) PLC is accepting applications for the UBA Senior Software Engineer Position in Nigeria in 2022.
The ideal candidate must have established work experience managing development processes and teams end to end and has a good working knowledge of design patterns, solution/service-oriented architecture, API management and micro-services architecture. Has extensive knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), experience in designing and building scalable and robust solutions in large web application deployments, a leader, collaborator and highly resourceful.
Worth of Award
- Their corporate culture is defined by its core values. They do not just train our people to be the best in the job, they also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, they offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- At UBA, their employees are their greatest assets and so they built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Your responsibilities include
- Developing and implementing IT standards and procedures to aid in the development of high-quality software.
- Ensuring that members within the team understand and follow existing IT standards.
- Encouraging full participation of team members within their defined roles and responsibilities.
- Ensuring that the iterative development process is properly focused and controlled.
- Ensuring that projects are accurately estimated and delivered to schedule.
They also include
- Actively contributing to the process of continual improvement, with regard to self, team and systems.
- Ensuring policies on business continuity are strictly adhered to
- Ensuring proper documentation and source code management and also easy retrieval when required
- Monitoring progress on a day-to-day basis for all team activities
- Ensuring proper handover of developed software to support team for deployment and production support
Similarly, you must
- be on top of the technology stack and learn the latest developments and techniques, as well as broader industry-wide trends.
- drive and sponsor innovation in teamwork.
- build team spirit and desire to experiment and try new things and unconventional solutions.
- build creative solutions adopting cutting-edge technologies.
- manage and drive third-level support with teams.
Furthermore, you will
- provide support to third parties solutions onboarding and management
- drive good work culture, team responsiveness and healthy work balance
- facilitate team education & knowledge transfer through training and knowledge-sharing sessions
- imbibe emotional intelligence skills and adequately apply them where necessary
- drive interview and selection processes and recommend suitably qualified candidates for consideration and final appointment by the authorized official.
As an eligible candidate, you are expected to have
- A bachelor’s degree in a STEM-related field
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience.
A master’s degree will be an added advantage
How to Apply
You can make your application online via the official website.
Deadline: Applications for the UBA Senior Software Engineer Position are ongoing.