NVIDIA particularly invites submissions NVIDIA Graduate Fellowship for PhD Students in the USA for the 2023-2024 academic year.
NVIDIA has long believed that investing in university talent is beneficial to the industry and key to its continued growth and success. For this reason, it seeks students pushing the envelope in artificial intelligence, robotics, autonomous vehicles, and related fields.
It selects students each year who have the talent, aptitude and initiative to work closely with it early in their careers. It is worthy of note that recipients not only receive crucial funding for their research, but are able to conduct groundbreaking work. They also receive access to NVIDIA products, technology and some of the most talented minds in the field. In addition, the Fellowship includes a summer internship preceding the Fellowship year.
Worth of Award
The Program provides funding in the amount of up to $50,000 per award to PhD students. These are students who are researching topics that will lead to major advances in accelerated computing and its applications.
Students may not be immediate family of a current NVIDIA employee however, they must
- have already completed their first year of PhD level studies (at the time of application)
- have majors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, System Architecture, Electrical Engineering, or a related area
- be engaged in active research as part of their PhD thesis
- be enrolled as a full time active PhD student during the 2023-2024 academic year (9 months) of the award – this means they should not be expecting to graduate sooner than May/June 2024.
- be available to complete a summer internship (which due to COVID-19 may be held remotely) prior to the start of their Fellowship year.
How to Apply
Applications must include:
- Research summary/thesis proposal – up to 2 pages, plus bibliography
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV) including contact information
- Professor nomination letters (2 letters minimum (must include one from thesis advisor), up to 3 letters maximum — OK to have nomination letters from non-professors, as long as you have one from your thesis advisor/professor)
- Confirmation of availability for summer internship
Deadline: Submit your application for the NVIDIA Graduate Fellowship by 3 pm Pacific on September 9, 2022.