University of Bradford Global Development Scholarship is awarded to aid students in financial hardship due to the fact that they are domiciled in a country that is in crisis as a result of the political situation, war, natural disaster etc.
The scholarship is available for students on full time Master’s programmes (not MBA) based at the University of Bradford. Students must be self-funded.
Worth of Award
Full tuition fees and accommodation in The Green will be covered plus £3,500 per annum living costs to be paid in three instalments – October, January and April. Each scholarship is worth approximately £20,000.
There will be five Bestway Foundation Scholarships for students from Pakistan, there will be a further two scholarships available for students from the other countries.
- Students from the following list of countries are invited to apply for these scholarships. However in extreme circumstances applications from students from other countries will be considered by the panel. Students from Pakistan will be considered under the Bestway Foundation Scholarship Scheme.
- To be considered for a place on our Master’s courses you will need to have achieved (or be about to achieve) the minimum level of degree qualification specified for your country (below).
- You will also need to meet our English Language requirements.
- However, you still must meet the minimum entry requirements (both academic and English Language) to be considered.
- Complete the web, see link below. If you have already received an offer to study with us please make sure you include your University of Bradford number on the form below.
How to Apply
Tips for a successful application from the scholarship panel
- You must explain how the situation in your country has affected you personally. Don’t just describe the situation in your country.
- Please write as full and detailed a statement as possible. Remember that the Scholarship panel will only have your form to by which to judge your application so try to put as much relevant information in there as possible. We may request evidence from you at a later date if your application is short listed.
- Don’t focus on your academic qualifications unless it is relevant to your application.
Deadline: All completed forms must be received by May 29, 2014