The Lex: lead Group is accepting applications for the Lex:lead Essay Competition for International Law Students in the USA in 2022.
Lex:lead is a group of international lawyers and friends who support economic development focusing on the world’s least developed countries. It offers an annual essay competition on topics of law and development to students from eligible countries.
In 2015 it started placing its students in internships with the World Bank and NGOs and in 2018, it began offering mentoring to its winners. Launched with funding from the International Bar Association Foundation, Lex:lead is a partner to the World Bank-supported Global Forum on Law, Justice and Development.
The essay question for this year is, “How can developments in Fintech impact upon economic development and how should it be regulated?”
Worth of Award
- Up to 15 US $500 awards will be made in February 2023 for top-ranked essays.
- A Certificate of Participation will be sent to all registered candidates who submit an essay by the deadline.
Eligible students (with citizenship and enrollment with at least one law class in an eligible country) are to register.
How to Apply
- All essays must be in compliance with competition rules and will not be accepted from unregistered candidates or after the deadline.
- Essays must be in English, typed and attached as a PDF for a total of not more than five
(5) pages. All work submitted must be the applicant’s own original work with clear attribution where other sources are consulted.
- Submissions must be made using the Identification Number assigned at registration. It should contain no information that could lead to independent identification of the applicant.
Deadline: Applicants should submit their applications by December 31, 2022.
Essays must be submitted to [email protected]