The University of Adelaide in Australia invites applications for SmartSat CRC Scholarships for PhD and Masters by Research in the 2022/23 academic session.
The SmartSat CRC is the largest space industry-research collaboration in Australia’s history. The SmartSat CRC is a consortium of universities and other research organisations, partnered with industry that has been funded by the Australian Government to develop know-how and technologies in advanced telecommunications and IoT connectivity, intelligent satellite systems and Earth observation next generation data services. The impact of this research will be to develop intellectual property and a specialist industry expertise that will spawn new businesses, create export economic value and generate new high-tech jobs for all Australians.
Successful candidates will be enrolled with one of the university partners and will work on applied research and development which align with research programs in the following broad areas:
- Advanced Communications and IoT connectivity
- Advanced Satellite Systems
- Sensors and AI
- Next Generation Earth Observation
- Remote Sensing Analytics and Data Services
- Space Cybersecurity Systems
- Space Governance
Worth of Award
- Generous full scholarships or top-up scholarship stipends will be offered to suitably qualified applicants.
- Scholarships are available for Australian residents. Non-residents will be considered, subject to project-specific requirements.
- Applicants will need to have a First-Class Honours degree or equivalent in a related discipline.
- SmartSat values diversity and inclusion and is committed to ensuring scholarship opportunities are not limited by socio-economic background, race, religion or gender.
- SmartSat actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and candidates from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
How to Apply
Please submit your Expression of Interest via email to [email protected] with “EOI for SmartSat CRC scholarship” in the subject heading. Do not forget to include the following documents:
- citizenship or permanent resident status if applicable
- degree parchments
- academic transcripts
- translations of non-English documentation
- evidence of English language proficiency
- a curriculum vitae
More information, including instructions on how to apply, is available from the SmartSat CRC website.
Please direct all enquiries to: [email protected]
Deadline: Applications open until filled