The University of Stuttgart in Germany invites applications for the DAAD Scholarship for the Master’s Program Infrastructure Planning in 2023.
This Master’s Program Infrastructure Planning emphasizes an interdisciplinary, integrated approach to planning and deals with problems especially relevant to developing and newly industrializing countries. Graduates of the program work in high positions, shaping development all over the world.
In three semesters, the tightly structured program of core courses and electives is complemented by a practically oriented large case study. During the fourth semester, students complete their Master’s Thesis and, after successful completion of all study requirements receive the academic degree “Master of Science” (MSc).
Worth of Award
- The scholarship recipients will be granted a full waiver of the tuition and participation fee.
- In addition, the DAAD will pay the scholarship recipients a monthly stipend of EUR 850.
- As a rule, the scholarship also includes certain payments towards health, accident, and liability insurance coverage in Germany.
- Furthermore, the DAAD will generally pay an appropriate travel allowance, unless these costs are covered by the home country or by another funding source.
- The DAAD will also pay a study and research allowance. Last but not least, the scholarship covers a mandatory two-month German course before the start of the program.
- You need a minimum of two years of professional experience after your Bachelor to apply for a DAAD scholarship (internships during Bachelor studies are not accepted).
- Please do not apply if your bachelor studies are not completed at the date of application!
- The final bachelor degree certificate and the final grades certificate stating the final CGPA have to be uploaded in [email protected] No provisional certificates will be accepted.
- The TOEFL or IELTS result sheet has to be uploaded or the application will be rejected due to being incomplete.
- Please do not contact the MIP office asking for any exceptions to this rule.
How to Apply
In case the documents are issued in another language than English/German, you have to submit an English or German translation. The translation has to bear the original stamp/signature of an official translator and a copy of the original document has to be attached:
- High school leaving certificate (the last certificate from school before entering university)
- Final university degree certificate of Bachelor degree (no provisional certificates accepted)
- Final university transcript of Bachelor studies including CGPA
- Document from university indicating max./min. grade and grading system for Bachelor degree (if information is included in transcript, the transcript can be uploaded again)
- Results of English proficiency examination (TOEFL or IELTS)
Important: Only native speakers with official nationality (provide passport copy) from USA, Ireland, UK, Australia, Canada are exempted, all other applicants have to submit TOEFL or IELTS result. The minimum requirement for admission is: TOEFL: 550 PBT, 213 CBT, 79 iBT or IELTS (IELTS academic test): Band 6.0. (please note: „Institutuional based TOEFL“ and „IELTS general training test“ are both not accepted)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Completed DAAD-application form
- Motivation letter (explaining why you choose MIP and what your career plans are)
- Work certificate(s) for working periods after your graduation from the Bachelor
- Confirmation of study leave from current employer (if applicable)
- Recommendation letters from university professors and/or employers (minimum 2)
- Additional university degrees (if applicable, e.g. second Bachelor/Master degree you hold)
The MIP-admission-committee will meet in November 2019 and will evaluate your application documents. You will receive a notice by E-Mail from the MIP office in December 2019 concerning admission/rejection and scholarship. There is only a limited number of study seats and scholarships available and you can be suggested for admission without being shortlisted for a scholarship.
Deadline: The [email protected] portal of the University of Stuttgart will be open for MIP online-applications in combination with an application for a DAAD-scholarship from August 1st, 2022 until September 30th, 2022.