Newcastle University invites applications for the 2014 Tanzanian scholarship, which is available to high achieving Tanzanian students applying for entry onto postgraduate taught degree or research programmes within the Science, Agriculture and Engineering (SAgE) Faculty, Medical Sciences Faculty (FMS), Newcastle Law School and Newcastle University Business School (NUBS) commencing their studies in September 2014.
Worth of Award: The scholarship will have a value of £3,500, payable towards the first year of tuition fees.
You could be eligible to apply for a NU Tanzania Scholarship if:
- you have been offered a place on any postgraduate degree programme in the Science, Agriculture and Engineering (SAgE) Faculty, Medical Sciences Faculty (FMS), Newcastle Law School and Newcastle University Business School (NUBS)
- you are a Tanzanian national and have been assessed as international/overseas for fees purposes
- you have an upper-second-class honours degree or higher from a recognised Tanzanian university and satisfy all other requirements
- you intend to register to start your studies during the 2014-15 academic year
- you are a self-funded student and not in receipt of other University or external awards
How to Apply
- The scheme is applied for via the separate scholarship application form (Word Doc: 77.0KB), including a personal statement of no more than 500 words.
- Completed application forms should be sent to: [email protected]
For further information, contact, International Office, Newcastle University via email: [email protected]
Deadline: The closing date for receipt of applications is June 30, 2014. Country managers will award on the basis of best qualified students and content of personal statement – in consultation with the Head of International Recruitment and faculty representatives.