The Lutheran World Federation invites applications for the LWF Scholarships in Theology and Diakonia in Switzerland for the 2022/23 academic session.
Each LWF member church is eligible to apply for 7 scholarships—5 regular and 2 short-term scholarships. Applications can be for individual or group scholarships and include studies in theology and/or diakonia.
Worth of Award
- Individual scholarship: The LWF will cover tuition and other fees indicated in the official fee structure of institution and study related costs (food, accommodation, transportation, internet access) according to the need of candidate.
- Group scholarship: A group consists of 2 up to 10 persons pursuing the same field and level of training together for similar or common areas of engagement, and at a relatively lower cost. The LWF will cover tuition and other fees indicated in the official fee structure of the institution and study related costs (food, accommodation, transportation, internet access) according to the needs of the candidates.
Only candidates who fulfill the following criteria are eligible to apply for an LWF scholarship:
- Church affiliation of the candidate: Only applications from active members of LWF member churches are considered. No applications submitted by individuals will be considered.
- Nationality of the candidate: Only candidates from developing countries are eligible for scholarships in fields of diakonia/development. The theological scholarships are open to candidates from all regions and countries.
- Age limits: The following age limits are in place, depending on the pursued degree and with certain exceptions, particularly for female applicants:
The Maximum age at the time of application for
Bachelor degrees is 35
Master degrees is 40
Doctorate is 45
Post-doctoral/research is 50
How to Apply
The information about the new application phase including updated application documents are sent to all LWF member churches and LWF national committees. They are also shared across the LWF networks and channels.
All church leaders are requested to share the information widely within their churches and wider communities, including the grassroots level.
At this point the LWF Scholarship portal link is only shared with member churches (church leadership).
Deadline: The deadline for applications for the LWF Scholarships in Theology and Diakonia is October 15.