Granada City of Literature UNESCO welcomes applications for the Granada UNESCO Writers in Residence Programme in Spain in 2022.
The purpose of this programme is to strengthen international partnerships in the arts sector in general and in the field of writing in particular. This is one of the main objectives set by the city of Granada as a member of the UNESCO Creative Cities Network (UCCN).
This programme has been set up to
- foster contacts and forge bonds between writers from Granada and those from other cities and countries all over the world,
- extend the international reach of Granada-based writers,
- build international awareness of the cultural fabric of the city of Granada, and
- promote Granada as a city of the arts that welcomes talent from abroad with open arms.
Worth of Award
- A month’s stay (30 nights) in Granada for two writers, between November 3 and December 2, 2022, at the Corrala de Santiago of the University of Granada.
- Granada UNESCO City of Literature will cover the travel expenses of each of the writers selected.
- The University of Granada will arrange and cover the costs of accommodation for the two writers. Each will have their own room with full board at the university’s hall of residence for visitors (Corrala de Santiago).
- Granada UNESCO City of Literature and the University of Granada will provide the writers in residence with opportunities to participate in the city’s literary life, arranging contacts with local writers, involvement in workshops, teaching activities, and so on.
The Granada Writers in Residence Programme is targeted at writers residing in any country in whichever language they write.
How to Apply
Completed application forms should be submitted by email to the contact person in the offices of Granada UNESCO City of Literature, Carmen Casares, [email protected]
Deadline: Submit your application no later than September 1, 2022.