Zonta International invites applications for the Amelia Earhart Women Fellowship in Aerospace Engineering and Space Sciences in the USA in 2023.
Globally, women make up around 25 percent of the workforce in the aerospace industry. This fellowship was created in an effort to carry out its mission that women have access to all resources and are represented in decision-making positions on an equal basis with men.
Worth of Award
- The US$10,000 fellowship is awarded annually to up to 35 women pursuing Ph.D./doctoral degrees in aerospace engineering and space sciences.
- It may be used at any university or college offering accredited post-graduate courses and degrees in these fields.
- Women of any nationality pursuing a Ph.D./doctoral degree who demonstrate a superior academic record conducting research applied to aerospace engineering or space sciences are eligible.
- It is imperative that students be registered in a full-time Ph.D./doctoral program and have completed at least one year of that program or have received a master’s degree in an aerospace-applied field at the time the application is submitted.
- Applicants must not graduate from their Ph.D. or doctoral program before April 2023. Please note that post-doctoral research programs are not eligible for the Fellowship.
- Classified members (club members and individuals with direct membership with Zonta International) and employees of Zonta International and the Zonta Foundation for Women, and their family members (ancestors, descendants, adoptees, siblings, nieces or cousins, and those of their spouse or cohabiting partner), are not eligible to apply for the Fellowship.
Note that previous Amelia Earhart Fellows are not eligible to apply to renew the Fellowship for a second year.
How to Apply
All applications for the Amelia Earhart Women Fellowship should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: The 2023 Amelia Earhart Fellowship application is due by November 15, 2022.