The World Bank invites applications for the World Bank Legal Internship Program for highly-motivated Law Students in the USA in 2023.
The World Bank Legal Internship Program allows individuals to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas, and latest research experiences into the World Bank’s daily operations and improve their legal skills while working in a multicultural environment.
Worth of Award
- The objective of the program is to provide you first-hand experiences of the day-to-day operations of the World Bank by closely collaborating with staff in the Legal Vice Presidency.
- As part of its team, working directly with outstanding and inspiring development professionals and senior management, you will get the chance to contribute to the legal services offered by the Legal Vice Presidency as well as participate in high-profile events and conferences organized during the term of your internship.
In order to be eligible for this program, interns need to
- hold citizenship of any IBRD member state.
- be currently enrolled in an LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent program.
- have an excellent command of the English language.
- Preference shall be given to candidates who possess a decent command of a second language, especially if that is one of the working languages of IBRD (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
- Applications from eligible international as well as U.S.-based students are equally encouraged.
How to Apply
Please submit the following documents through this link:
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of enrollment in a law degree (LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent) and academic transcript(s).
- Short essay providing a response to a research question posed by the Legal Vice Presidency for the prevailing application period.
Deadlines: The program runs thrice a year:
Summer Internship Program: The application period will commence on December 1 and end on December 31 (The internship period is for 10-12 weeks, typically between June and August, depending on prevailing needs).
Fall Internship Program: The application period will commence on April 1 and end on April 30 (The proposed internship period is for 10-12 weeks, typically between September and November, depending on prevailing needs).
Spring Internship Program: The application period will commence on September 1 and end on September 30 (The proposed internship period is for 10-12 weeks, typically between March and May, depending on prevailing needs).