Are you a journalist with a great idea for a story that “Follows the Money,” but no funds to get it done? The McGraw Fellowship for Business Journalism for high-impact Investigative and Enterprise Stories in the USA in 2022 is exactly what you need.
Fellowship stories must have an economic or financial angle, but you don’t need to be a business reporter to apply. Many previous fellows have been generalists, or cover beats such as health care, education, or the environment. Others focus on issues such as economic inequality or corporate accountability.
Worth of Award
- The Fellowship provides a grant of up to $15,000 for each project.
- The exact amount will depend on the time it takes to complete the project and the expenses needed; freelance journalists may use some of the funding as a stipend for living expenses during the fellowship.
- Furthermore, fellows also receive editorial support from experienced journalists that enable them to do the deep reporting necessary to produce high-impact investigative and enterprise stories that tackle critical issues related to the global economy, finance, and business.
- The McGraw Fellowship for Business Journalism is open to anyone with at least five years of professional experience in journalism.
- Freelance journalists, as well as reporters and editors currently working at a news organization or a journalism non-profit, may apply.
- Applicants with a proven ability to report and execute a complex project in their proposed medium are highly sort after; ideally, candidates will also have a strong background or reporting expertise on the subject of their project.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a well-focused story proposal of no more than three pages through the accompanying online form.
Deadline: The deadline to apply for Fall 2022 Fellowships is September 30, 2022.