Applications are invited for SHARE mobility scholarships. SHARE is designed to provide resources and opportunities for students’ mobility from four regions of Africa, offering support for Masters and Doctoral studies as well as staff exchange among the consortium partners.
Intra-ACP academic mobility scheme supports higher education cooperation between countries in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific (ACP). The scheme aims to promote sustainable development and poverty alleviation by increasing the availability of trained and qualified high – level professional manpower in the ACP countries.
Worth of Award
The scholarship covers tuition, subsistence, medical insurance, settling in allowance and travel expenses.
- (Full Scholarship) PhD Agricultural Sciences at Stellenbosch University, South Africa, Nigeria
- (Full Scholarship) MSc. Food Science at Stellenbosch University, South Africa Nigeria
- (Full Scholarship) MSc. Agricultural Economics at Eduardo Mondlane University, Mozambique Malawi, Nigeria and Burundi
- (Full Scholarship) MSc. Agricultural Economics at Eduardo Mondlane University, Mozambique
- (Full Scholarship)MSc. Fisheries and Aquaculture, Bunda College LUANAR, Malawi Kenya and Burundi
- (Full Scholarship) MSc. Research Methods, JKUAT, Kenya
- 01 (Partial Scholarship Max. 12 Months) PhD. Agricultural and Rural Innovation, Makerere University, Uganda
The scholarships are open to categories of students, namely;
Students: There are two target groups for students. To be eligible, Master students as well as Doctoral candidates referred as “students” must:
- Be a national and resident in any of the eligible countries covered by the relevant lot; and
- Be registered/admitted at one of the HEIs within the partnership at the time of the application for a scholarship (Target Group 1); or be registered/admitted in a HEI (not included in the partnership) of a country of the lot or having obtained a HEI degree (or equivalent) by an institution of a country concerned by the lot (Target Group 2); and
- Have sufficient knowledge of the language of the courses in the host countries.
How to Apply
The following steps will guide you through the application process for the SHARE Scholarship.
Part 1: Before submitting an application:
- Check for eligibility by reading the call guidelines on this website
- Choose the Target Group to which you belong and establish the available scholarships in that category
- Choose and select the academic programme for which you wish to apply for a scholarship and ensure that you understand the Tuition Language in which the programme of your choice is instructed
- Ensure that you have an academic background required by the academic programme you have selected
- You can neither apply to more than one academic programme nor Hosting institution
- Several documents are mandatory, if not uploaded or attached the form cannot be submitted or your application will not be accepted
- In circumstances where documents are corrupted, unclear or unreadable, the application will be considered invalid and will not be evaluated
- Only applications submitted online or by email will be accepted. Exceptions may apply based on country realities.
Part 2: Online Submission
- To complete the online application form (See: Guidelines for Applicants) on the project website. Follow the steps therein and remember to attach all the required supporting documents. See link below
Part 3: Submission by Email
- Identify the academic programme for which you want to apply for the SHARE Project Scholarship.
- Download the MS Word version of the application form, Word process it using a computer. No hand written applications will be accepted
- For TG1 applicants, obtain recommendations from your home/sending institution in your country. Please note that this applies to only TG1 applicants.
- Scan all the required documents including certified academic testimonials and evidence of your nationality (data page of your passport or national identity card) for electronic submission. Only documents submitted electronically will be considered.
- Attach all the required supporting documents
- Submit your completed application form and other requirements as attachments by email to: [email protected]
Deadline: Application closes on September 23, 2014