The Centre for Advanced Study Sofia (CAS Sofia) invites applications for the CAS Fellowships for International Scholars in Bulgaria for the 2022/23.
CAS Sofia is an independent Institute with international and multidisciplinary profile. Located in Sofia, Bulgaria, it promotes high-level scholarship in the social sciences and the humanities. In addition to supporting focus-group research, CAS Sofia invites outstanding scholars to pursue their individual research projects during in-residence periods of up to five months. The invited Fellows participate in the intellectual life and the scholarly community of the Centre (Bulgarian and foreign fellows) while working on projects of their own choice.
Fellows receive adequate material and intellectual support and can profit from the Centre’s wide international networks, international seminar- and guest-lecturer programme. CAS Sofia assists Fellows in all practical matters concerning travel, residence and research in Sofia.
Worth of Award
CAS Sofia provides in-residence fellowships of two- to five- month duration to post-doctoral non-Bulgarian researchers. Junior as well as Senior scholars are invited to apply. The selected Fellows are entitled to:
- A monthly stipend of 800 Euro (liable to 10% income tax) to cover living expenses related to the stay in Sofia.
- Accommodation in Sofia, comprising living quarters and working space. The Fellows will also have free access to the CAS library and electronic resources/databases. Travel allowance (up to 400 Euro);
- Research expenses (up to 500 Euro).
- Be non-Bulgarian citizens;
- Have completed a PhD in the fields of the humanities and the social sciences;
- Have international research experience (participation in projects and refereed conferences) and publications in peer-reviewed academic editions are strong advantages.
How to Apply
All application documents should be presented in English and sent by e-mail to [email protected] with a subject entry “Advanced Academia Fellowships.”
Deadline: Candidates may apply for the CAS Fellowships for International Scholars for two periods:
- October 1, 2022 – February 28, 2023 (Winter semester)
- March 1, 2023 – July 31, 2023 (Summer semester)