The University of the Witwatersrand invites applications for the Wits-TUB-UNILAG Scholarship for South African Nationals & Permanent Residents for the 2022/23 academic year.
This programme focuses on four innovation areas which address SDG implementation in urban areas:
- Politics and policy of the urban
- Understanding complex urban systems
- Managing change processes
- Co-producing knowledge between theory and practice.
Worth of Award
The Wits-TUB-UNILAG Scholarship for South African Nationals includes:
- Full tuition fee,
- Monthly stipend (living expenses covering: subsistence expenses and accommodation expenses),
- Travel from home country/place of origin,
- Student medical aid (12 months).
- The programme is interdisciplinary, but a special emphasis is placed on a
portfolio that is intertransdisciplinary, cutting across the fields of development planning, housing, sustainable urban development, urban management, and urban design. Candidates in architecture and urban planning as well as in the humanities, cultural studies, urban geography, or social sciences with a focus on urban studies and planning as well as candidates in related fields such as landscape architecture are also welcome to apply.
- Citizens from sub-Saharan African countries other than South Africa are legible to apply.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree that is equivalent to an honours degree (NQF level 8) in the South African Qualification System (SAQA). There is no need to apply for SAQA if your bachelor’s degree was obtained in a South African university.
- There is no age limit applying to the scholarships for study purposes. However, at the time of the application, no more than 6 years should have passed since an applicant graduated from his/her previous studies.
How to Apply
In order for the scholarship application to be complete, it must include the following documents:
- The Wits-TUB-Unilag Scholarship Application Form
- A cover letter explaining why you qualify for the scholarship. Additionally, this letter should speak to the qualification criteria, and should also provide a connection between the project themes and your envisaged research topic.
- A CV
- A copy of all degree certificates and official academic transcripts indicating marks for
- A bachelor’s degree obtained outside of South Africa should be accompanied by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) certificate ranking the applicant’s bachelor’s degree at NQF level 8.
All the above documents must be submitted by e-mail to Ms Taki Sithagu, [email protected]
Deadline: The closing date for applying for the scholarship is October 31, 2022.