The World Bank Group (WBG) invites applications for the World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program for African PhD Candidates in the USA for the 2022/23 academic session.
The program offers selected fellows a six-month assignment at WBG offices in Washington D.C. It also offers assignment in its country offices for fellows to gain hands-on experience in WBG operations.
Through the fellowship, the World Bank Group aims to build the capacity of the next generation of African change makers in
- development research,
- policy making and
- promote the goals of reducing poverty in the region.
Worth of Award
- World Bank Group-Africa Fellows will spend six months getting hands-on experience at its headquarters in Washington D.C. or country offices.
Fellows will work on
- economic policy,
- technical assistance, and
- lending operations that contribute to the World Bank Group’s goal of eliminating poverty and increasing shared prosperity.
The Program targets
- young talented African nationals who are completing or have recently completed their Ph.D. in an area relevant to the World Bank’s work.
- young African talent interested in a career in development, in international institutions, African governments, think tanks, and academia.
How to Apply
Apply now for the World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program.
Deadline: Applications close August 25, 2022.