The Africa Digital Media Foundation (ADMF), in association with partners invites applications for the CreaTech Animation Incubator Cohort III in Kenya in 2022.
Individual animators and teams with the most engaging, outstanding, and distinctive animated series project ideas are invited to apply to participate as fellows in this unique incubator. Adapted from ADMF’s Scale-up Accelerator, the Incubator will provide 20 animators or teams with the mentorship they need to develop relevant animated projects that speak to both a local and global audience.
Worth of Award
- The CreaTech Incubator will be a 12-week Boot Camp that will include mentoring and high-level training with established industry professionals.
- Experts will include industry experts in animation, storytelling, music, and sound, as well as international broadcasters, distributors, and sales agents.
- The teams will receive technical training to refine their animation projects and pitches, as well as market training to position their projects for success with investments and festivals.
Eligible Animators will:
- Submit an animated series concept that demonstrates creativity and uniqueness
- Demonstrate a passion for animation and establishing a long-term career in the animation industry
- Complete an application in full and submit it via the official website
- Commit to attend all webinar and mentorship sessions
- Agree to meaningfully participate in and contribute to every component of the program
- Acknowledge the CreaTech Animation Incubator and ADMF via social media, if accepted into the program
- Must be over 18 years and a citizen of a country in East Africa with a valid passport (or the ability to obtain a passport before successful finalists are announced)
- Women animators are encouraged to apply and take advantage of this unique opportunity
How to Apply
Submit a Concept Note of a single pdf file that contains the following:
- Title of the series project, format, target audience, age bracket, and genre
- Synopsis of the story in no more than 250 words.
- One to two sentence short descriptions of some of the central characters
- One to two sentence short descriptions of some of the secondary characters
- 2-5 images of concept art of the world and its characters, backgrounds, model sheets, etc
Submit a Statement of Intent/Description of Project; its origin, message, its importance, and uniqueness. Max. 1 page.
Submit CV of the author(s)
Deadline: The call for applications will close on Monday, 15 August 2022, 23:59 East Africa Time.