The University of Southern Denmark invites applications for Position in Capacitor Theory in the 2022/2023 academic session.
The task portfolio of the PhD will be linked to several projects within CIE. CIE is embedded in a powerhouse in electronics, which includes researchers and developers at universities and industries on both sides of the Danish-German border. CIE is a new initiative striving for high quality and great impact of its research, innovation, and education. Central to achieving this objective is access to state-of-the-art facilities and close collaborations with industries.
The aim of the position is to build strong knowledge and competencies within capacitor theory and simulation.
- You will conduct research in the field of capacitor theory and thermal and electrical simulation of capacitors.
- You will participate in planning, execution and documentation of projects with industrial partners.
- You will be involved in the daily co-supervision of Master and Bachelor students.
- You will publish and present your work both at international conferences and in scientific journals with high impact.
- You will assist in teaching activities.
Worth of Award
- Employment as a PhD fellow is a 3-year salaried position (start salary amounts to approx. 3.378,- EURO per month incl. supplements).
- You have a Master degree (equivalent to a Danish master’s degree) in Electronics, Physics, Chemistry or related fields.
- You are a team player and have strong communication skills.
- You are interested in a longer term commitment in a growing research group and you are willing to work in close cooperation with industry.
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written.
How to Apply
The application must be in English and must include the following – the required forms must be found at the Faculty website:
- Completed TEK PhD application form for 5+3 applicants.
- Motivation letter stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project in question (max. 2 pages). Upload in the field called “Project description”.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, describing research, publication and teaching experience, computational skills and including personal contact information.
- Verified copies of the official bachelor diploma and master’s diploma and transcripts of exams, both the original documents and in professional English translation.
- Completed TEK PhD form for calculation grade point average.
- An official document describing the grading scheme of the awarding universities (if not Danish). Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
- An official and verified written assessment of the thesis or dissertation project from the grade giving institution, if the thesis/examination project is evaluated by approved/passed. The statement must clearly state that the candidate has been among the top 30 pct. in the graduation class for the study programme.
- List of publications and maximum 2 examples of relevant publications, in case you have any publications. Please attach one pdf-file for each publication.
- References (names and emails) and reference letters may also be included.
Deadline: Applications must be submitted no later than August 15, 2022.