Applications for the CREATE PhD Programme Africa Health Research in the UK for the 2022/23 academic session are currently open.
The CREATE PhD Programme is a three-year (full-time or equivalent) PhD programme, which will train future global health research leaders who are not only technically excellent, but are equipped to work effectively across scientific and clinical disciplines in equitable partnerships with their peers in low-income countries.
Worth of Award
The programme will cover the fellow’s salary (according to experience on the appropriate NHS salary scale), research costs, PhD registration fees, and overseas living costs.
The PhD programme is open to all health professionals registered with UK professional bodies who want to undertake research focused on the major global health challenges in Africa. You must be:
- Eligible to work in the UK and qualify for home or UK-level fees
- Willing to be based in one of the programme’s African Partner Institutions for 18-24 months
- Propose research within the remit of the programme, focusing on issues of public health importance to Africa
How to Apply
Your application needs to contain the following elements:
- Application form
- Supporting letter from academic referee
- Completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form (only used for programme monitoring)
Deadline: The deadline for Stage 1 applications is Friday November 11th, 2022 (23.59 hrs). While the deadline for Stage 2 applications is Tuesday April 4th , 2023 (23.59 hrs).