Applications for the Goethe-Zentrum Kampala/UGCS Project Funding for Locally Based Projects in Art and Culture in Uganda in 2022 are currently open.
The Goethe-Zentrum Kampala/Uganda German Cultural Society is a non-political and non-profit organization (cultural society) based in Kampala. It is a cooperation partner of the Goethe-Institute that yearly supports the projects of the cultural society with financial help.
Its core tasks consist in the promotion of German-Ugandan relationships and in the building of a platform for intercultural dialogue in Kampala and with other African countries.
This call for projects targets the following disciplines:
- Visual Arts
- Performance Art
- Digital Arts
- Film/Video Art
- Poetry/Spoken Word
Worth of Award
- A project grant amounting to 2,000,000 UGX max will be awarded to two selected applicants to implement their project in the course of 2022.
- A rooftop terrace or conference room as a venue free of charge if desired
- Support in improving the project’s concept, budget and feasibility if needed
Eligible projects must:
- be led by individuals living in Uganda being 18 years or above
- be implemented in Uganda
- fall under one of the fields of art mentioned above
Special consideration will be given to projects that:
- use innovative, witty approaches in the field of the arts
- aim to strengthen the creative exchange between artists and different art forms
- address relevant issues of Ugandan society
How to Apply
Please email your application for the Goethe-Zentrum Kampala/UGCS Project Funding to:
Ann-Kristin Schulz (Cultural Coordinator)
Email: [email protected]
Deadline: For projects that are to be realized between December and March, the deadline for applications is November 30th.