The SHRM Foundation invites applications for the Cheslie C Kryst Memorial Scholarships for Graduates and Undergraduates in the USA for the 2022/23 academic year.
In honour of Charlie’s legacy, the SHRM Foundation will award two scholarships to students who express a deep commitment to workplace mental health and wellness.
Worth of Award
- This award is intended to assist with tuition and academic-related fees. This award may not be used to cover books, room/board, supplies, or past academic expenses.
- The SHRM Foundation will issue a check not to exceed $10,000 directly to the institution for payment of tuition and fees required for enrollment or attendance at the educational institution of one graduate and one undergraduate student.
- The two award recipients will be honoured during the SHRM Foundation Tharseo event in Chicago, Illinois scheduled for October 17-18, 2022.
- The award will cover airfare, hotel, transportation, and appropriate meals for recipients.
- Demonstrated track record of promoting mental health either through practice or through their academic studies
- Current SHRM member (professional or student)
- Enrolled in a degree-seeking undergraduate program or master’s/doctoral program with at least one full semester remaining before graduation (I.e., You must be enrolled in classes after Dec. 31, 2022)
- University is a regionally accredited institution of higher learning
- Degree program is HR or HR-related (e.g. business, psychology, HR, org development, etc.)
- Minimum Grade Point Average
- Undergraduate – Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Graduate – Cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
How to Apply
Online applications include:
- Contact information
- Short answer questions about academic, volunteer, and promotion of mental health through practice or academic studies.
- Current Resume
- Transcripts in English must be from an accredited institution.
- Transcripts can be “unofficial”, but it reserves the right to request an official transcript if additional verification is needed.
- Universities outside of the United States must be accredited by a widely recognized accrediting body within the country or by the agency or ministry that oversees higher education within the country
- One Letter of Reference
Click here to start your application for the Cheslie C Kryst Memorial Scholarships.
Deadline: August 24, 2022, 08:00 PM (EDT)