The University of Sydney invites applications for the Sydney Scholars Awards Undergraduate Scholarship for the 2022/23 academic session.
The University is reputed for making lives better by producing leaders of society. It also equips its people with leadership qualities so they can serve its communities at every level.
It promotes leadership through excellence in teaching and research, as well as offers the widest range of academic programs of any university in Australia.
Worth of Award
- The scholarship award is valued at $6,000 and supports outstanding Year 12 students.
- It is tenable for one year of an undergraduate degree at the University of Sydney.
To be considered eligible for the Sydney Scholars Awards Undergraduate Scholarship, you must:
- be a domestic student or an onshore international student who is due to complete or recently completed an Australian Year 12 qualification. Such as the HSC or an equivalent qualification such as the International Baccalaureate
- be applying for admission through UAC
- have achieved an ATAR of 95 to 99.85 or equivalent
- apply in the year that you complete your secondary education (however, if you are offered a Sydney Scholars Award, you may defer it for up to two years).
Note: Domestic students with excellent academic ability experiencing financial hardship or other disadvantages may also choose to apply for the Sydney Scholars Awards on equity and hardship grounds.
How to Apply
Please read Sydney Scholars application information (pdf. 175KB) before commencing an application.
Before the application closes, complete the online application form and submit all supporting documents (including a personal statement).
Deadline: September 30, 2022.