Flinders University invites applications for the Destination Australia Scholarship for International Undergraduate Students in Australia for the 2022/23 academic session.
The Destination Australia Scholarship has been established under the Commonwealth government’s Destination Australia Program. The purpose of which is to attract and support international and domestic students to study in regional Australia, to grow and develop regional Australian tertiary education providers and offer students a high quality learning experience.
Worth of Award
- There will be 12 scholarships available to domestic students and 2 for international students.
- The scholarships will be valued at $15,000 per annum for the duration of the recipient’s program, or up to a maximum of three years.
- Payment will be made in two installments per annum after the census date of each semester.
An applicant must:
- be commencing a bachelor’s degree at the Riverland campus of Flinders University; and
- maintain ongoing residency in a regional area as defined by the 2016 Australian Statistical Geography Standard Remoteness Structure from the Australian Bureau of Statistics; and
- be enrolled full time.
International recipients are also required to maintain a Student Visa for the duration of the scholarship.
Selection will take the following into account:
- Applicants who will relocate to the Riverland region to undertake their study will be given preference
- Students who demonstrate financial need will also be given preference.
- Academic merit (based on course entry score) may be used if required.
Scholarships will be awarded for the duration of the recipient’s program, subject to maintaining a GPA of 4.0.
How to Apply
Click here to start your application for the Destination Australia Scholarship.
Deadline: August 8, 2022.