The Department of War Studies, King’s College London invites applications from serving or former military officers from the armed forces of any country. The Military Fellow will be convening and teaching on the MA module on the Conduct of Contemporary War, and the suitable candidate therefore needs to demonstrate teaching experience.
Overseas applicants will need to satisfy UK Border Agency requirements for eligibility to study in the United Kingdom. The scholarship will be available to students commencing a PhD in War Studies in September 2014.
Worth of Award
- The Scholarship will cover the tuition fees for one PhD student to study War Studies at postgraduate research level during the duration of the recipient’s study.
- The studentship is £15,400 p.a. for a maximum of three years full time study.
- The fellowship is open to residents of all nationalities
- Applicants must be serving or former military officers from the armed forces of any country.
- Applicable subjects: War studies
- They seek candidates of exceptional quality, whose service experience includes operational command and engagement with strategic level policy.
How to Apply
- Applications comprise a completed application form (available below) to be submitted with a curriculum vitae and a PhD proposal.
- Queries regarding this fellowship may be directed to the Head of Department, Professor Theo Farrell, via email: [email protected]
Deadline: Applications may be submitted until May 16, 2014