EmpServe invites applications for the mPrenuer-Mobile Apps for Social Impact for Mobile App Developers in Kenya in 2022.
EmpServe is inviting youth with already made mobile apps that solve community challenges to participate in Youth Mobile Entrepreneurship for Sustainable Future Challenge (mPreneur). The project is nested under its Innovating for Social Impact Programme (iSIP), the flagship project of EmpServe that aims to build and nurture young social innovators and tech enthusiasts.
Worth of Award
Winning participants will
- secure a fully funded trip for an 8-day business training in the Social mPreneur School in Ohrid, North Macedonia ( 2 from each country);
- have the opportunity to win a fully funded trip to the World Summit Award in Graz, Austria, for the international gala event bringing together potential investors, and tech experts from around the world;
- witness the promotion of their mobile solutions – on various platforms, including the mPreneur online channels;
- have the opportunity to showcase innovation – The project has very high visibility both locally and internationally;
Winning participants will equally
- engage in networking and experience exchange with youth workers from 8 countries in Africa, Asia, and Europe;
- be featured in the online book of inspiration on mPreneur sustainability toolkit: empowering Youngsters and Youth Workers on Social Mobile Entrepreneurship;
- receive a certificate of participation for the National Camps as well as for the Intercontinental camp in Macedonia;
- receive mentorship and support from EmpServe Social Innovation hub as well as its network of enablers;
- All participating applications will get the chance to connect with global mentors and experts in the tech field during the training (mLearning, Techpreneurship, and Sustainable Impact-making for young aspiring entrepreneurs;
And all activities, including travels to continental and European camps, are fully funded.
This is for you if
- you are a youth with an interest in change-making,
- with basic and/or advanced coding skills,
- who is digitally literate, and
- wanting to develop an entrepreneurial mindset, as well as
- youth workers developing programs on technology and entrepreneurship and mobile learning, but also
- stakeholders from the ICT field and the business community.
- Individuals and/or group co-founders can participate;
- Participants should be between 18-30 years;
- They must have regulated resident status in Kenya (citizenship or resident permit); and the ability to acquire requisite travel documents for the winners;
- They also need to have already made a mobile application (Beta version, pre-launch version, or for instance already uploaded on App Store, Google Play or other platforms);
- Mobile solutions need to demonstrate clear social impact;
- Participants need to demonstrate plans to scale up the social impact of the tech application in terms of reach and influence;
- Participants need to demonstrate how they will sustain the tech application and how they generate income;
- If not already launched, participants need to demonstrate readiness to launch the mobile platform on or before October 2022;
- Female founders are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Send your application to [email protected] Use the subject “ “mPrenuer [your app name]” on the subject of the email.
Download and complete the application form for the mPrenuer-Mobile Apps for Social Impact here.
Deadline: August 9th, 2022.