UNSW Sydney invites applications for the Edmund and Joanna Capon Scholarship in Australia for the 2022/23 academic year.
The purpose of the Scholarship is to provide a stipend to support Higher Degree Research candidates in the Faculty of Arts Design and Architecture, School of Art & Design.
Worth of Award
$10,000 per annum for 2 years Research Masters and 3.5 years Research Doctorates.
- Preference will be given to a student with a thesis in Chinese art (Chinese painting, classical and modern and other ancient artifacts or Buddhist art).
- Otherwise, the scholarship may support a student with a thesis in European art.
- The scholarship is available to new and existing candidates and to full and part-time candidates.
- The duration and payment of the scholarship will be pro rata if awarded to an existing and/or part-time candidate.
How to Apply
Eligible candidates may apply for this Scholarship by submitting a written statement of no more than two pages in length, addressing the below selection criteria:
- Their academic training and achievements in a relevant discipline
- Interest in a research and/or an academic career in Chinese art or European art, or a relevant area in situation of the above cannot be met
- Brief research proposal
- Evidence of research output/experience
- Statement by applicant on how their output will contribute to the relevant field
Click here to access the application form for the Edmund and Joanna Capon Scholarship.
Deadline: Applications remain open until the scholarship is awarded. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.