Aalto University invites applications for the Doctoral Student in Optics and Photonics in Finland for the 2022/23 academic session.
The preferred student of choice is an outstanding postgraduate student who will join the Optics and Photonics group for theoretical and experimental research on nanophotonics. The research will be focused on the development of surface nano-structures and nano materials that can control optical fields with unprecedented efficiency and accuracy. Thus allowing one to increase the multi-functionality and simultaneously significantly decrease the dimensions of optical components and devices.
Potential applications of the nano-structures to be developed range from novel optical sources and detectors to advanced imaging systems and on-chip optical processors.
Worth of Award
- The starting salary of a Ph.D. student is approximately 2,500 €/month (gross). Fortunately, it increases as you progress in your research and studies.
- Following the standard practice in the Department of Applied Physics, the contract will be made initially for two years. It will then be extended to another two years after a successful mid-term progress review.
- Furthermore, the contract includes Aalto University occupational healthcare.
- The university expects the candidate to hold an MSc degree in Physics. It also expects you to be familiar with standard numerical calculation techniques used in physics.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a good understanding of basic optics and photonics. Those with experience in designing and conducting optical experiments will equally be preferred.
How to Apply
To apply for the position, please submit your application including the attachments mentioned below as one single PDF document in English.
- Letter of motivation
- Degree certificates and academic transcripts
- Contact details of at least two referees
Deadline: In conclusion, kindly submit your application for the Doctoral Student in Optics and Photonics by September 9, 2022.