The African Union Commission and the African Union Development Agency (AUDA-NEPAD) invites applications for the African Good Practice Competition on Youth Skills Development and Employment in 2022.
The African Skills Portal for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (ASPYEE) is a continental knowledge platform hosting a wealth of good practices on Technical, Vocational Education and Training (TVET), skills development methodologies and approaches, and youth employment and entrepreneurship interventions.
This competition aims to increase good practices from all regions, with a focus on regions that are currently under-represented on ASPYEE. These include West, Central, and Northern Africa and conflict-ridden countries.
Worth of Award
Five organisations, one from each African region, will win:
An all-expenses paid study tour to South Africa, including all travel, accommodation, and meals!
The study tour programme consists of
- A meet-and-greet with senior officials of AUDA-NEPAD
- A one-day workshop where winning organisations can exchange information, share experiences, and be inspired by their peers from other parts of the continent.
- Field visits to South African trail-blazing organisations, government-led projects, and multi-stakeholder interventions
Are you an organisation that excels in driving good practices on youth skills development and employment promotion on the African continent?
If yes, then this competition is for you.
How to Apply
- Write up your good practice using the template (800 words) and submit before the closing date.
- Submissions must be made online, in: English, French and Portuguese.
- You can access the complete application form here.
Deadline: The African Good Practice Competition closes on August 12, 2022, 23:59 (GMT+3). Early submissions are encouraged.