BIMM Institute Berlin in Germany invites applications for the Fabian Wagner Scholarship for international students in the 2022/23 academic year.
In collaboration with cinematographer Fabian Wagner (Game of Thrones, Sherlock, The Crown, Overlord, Justice League), BIMM Institute Berlin has established a second incredible scholarship opportunity for Filmmaking students at their brand new Screen & Film Faculty. The Fabian Wagner Scholarship will support one talented student pursuing a BA (Hons) Filmmaking degree at BIMM Institute Berlin and is available to EU nationals or applicants with permanent residency in an EU country.
Born in Munich, Fabian Wagner is a cinematographer truly at the top of the game. Having worked as Director of Photography on massive international productions including Game of Thrones, Sherlock, The Crown, and many more, he represents one of the most celebrated and talented cinematographers today.
Worth of Award
The successful applicant will receive a full scholarship for all three years of study from September 2022.
You’re eligible to apply for this scholarship if:
- You are eligible for EU-fees as an EU national or a permanent resident of an EU country
- You have received and accepted an offer of study for September 2022 entry onto the BA (Hons) Filmmaking course at BIMM Institute Berlin
How to Apply
To ensure you are eligible to apply for the scholarship, you should submit your application to study at BIMM Institute Berlin as soon as possible. This will allow you to complete all the necessary steps as smoothly as possible with minimal stress. The application process includes:
- Successful completion of an applicant portfolio review for BA (Hons) Filmmaking and;
- Receiving and accepting a conditional* or an unconditional offer of study for BA (Hons) Filmmaking from the BIMM Institute Admissions Team.
Applicants wishing to apply for the scholarship must submit an essay and five images using our online Scholarship Application Form. Submissions will be reviewed by our academic staff and Fabian Wagner after the closing date.
- Please write 500 words explaining what the Fabian Wagner Scholarship would mean for you if you were selected.
- Please submit 5 images on the topical theme of ‘Peace’. These can be taken with any kind of photo device, including a smartphone.
- Please include links to any kind of evidence of your work supporting your essay or images e.g. links to social media around your creative work or any references from placements or internships.
- Additionally, please feel free to include academic quotes/citations if you feel it supports your answers.
Deadline: Please submit applications before August 5, 2022.