The University of Queensland in Australia offers the Clayton Adam Florence Wilson Award for Biomechanics and Spine Research in 2022
The Clayton Adam Florence Wilson Award is available to promote spine research at QUT, and honours the stellar contribution to scientific innovation in spine research made by our former Research Director, Professor Clayton Adam.
Clayton joined QUT in 1999 and dedicated his work to helping children with spinal disorders, and to improving treatment outcomes for patients who undergo spinal surgery. He brought together a dedicated team of researchers, scientists, engineers, surgeons and industry partners to perform cutting edge research aimed at minimising risks and improving spinal surgery results for patients.
Clayton’s leadership of the research program resulted in QUT receiving a substantial bequest from a donor impressed by his work: the Florence Wilson Bequest. In 2015, Clayton was diagnosed with a terminal illness yet continued his active research during treatment until early 2018. Sadly, his health battle ended in March 2018, but his dedication and contribution to biomechanics and spinal research will long be remembered and admired.
Worth of Award
You can express your interest in being considered for one of the following types of ‘Clayton Adam Florence Wilson Awards’ at any time (except PhD Scholarship):
- PhD scholarship – Applications are considered only within the Dates period stated above
- international research collaborator award
- PhD Top-up award
- travel grant – international
- travel grant – domestic
- other (by prior arrangement).
Further information about what you will receive will be provided following successful acceptance of your application.
- You must have experience in biomechanics and/or spine research.
- Further eligibility criteria will be provided following successful acceptance of your application.
How to Apply
Provide a two-page CV with a one-page cover letter indicating:
- the type of Clayton Adam Florence Wilson Award/s for which you wish to apply
- how you believe you are eligible for the award.
To email your CV and cover letter or for more information please contact, A/Prof Paige Little, Research Director, QUT Biomechanics and Spine Research Group.
Deadline: You can apply now