Applications for the Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Comparative Politics at Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München in Germany in 2022 are currently open.
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München is a leading research university in Europe. Since its founding in 1472 it has been committed to the highest international standards of excellence in research and teaching.
Your job description includes
- The independent implementation of a research project in a thematic area relevant to the chair.
- Contribution to the management of the ERC-grant CIVILSPACE and other administrative tasks at the chair.
- Publication of research results (individually and in teams).
- Provision of teaching in the area of comparative politics (2.5 “Semesterwochenstunden”, equivalent to 1 x 90-minute weekly session one semester, 1 x 135 minute weekly session the other).
Worth of Award
- Pay is based on TV-L, “Entgeltgruppe” E13. The workload is 40,1 hours a week.
- The post ought to be filled by October 15, 2022 and is initially restricted to a duration of one year (probation 6 months) with the possibility of extending the post for one more year.
- Your workplace will be in the center of Munich and is well connected through public transport.
- Severely disabled applicants will be given preference if they are otherwise essentially equally qualified. LMU has signed the “Charter of Diversity” and is committed to the diversity of its employees. It therefore actively promotes equality between women and men.
- An excellent dissertation in a discipline relevant for comparative social science research.
- Research goals in the area of the comparative social sciences that fit the profile of the chair and broadly align with themes relevant to the CIVILSPACE project. Themes include but are not restricted to the comparative study of democracy in Europe (e.g. the cross-national study of institutions and institutional reforms and their consequences, of crisis and crisis management, of populism and illiberalism) and the cross-national study of political and/or social organizations (political parties, interest groups, NGOs, civic associations, etc.).
- Knowledge of cross-national data collection and analysis. Knowledge of advanced quantitative methods, especially expertise in the areas of survey research and experimental design is desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently and in teams. Experience with the management of funded projects is desirable.
- Fluency in English. Good German skills are desirable.
How to Apply
Please submit the following (in English):
- Cover letter explaining why you are suited for this position
- Contact data for two referees (referees will be contacted only at the interview stage)
- Outline of a project for the duration of 2 years (max. 3 pages excluding bibliography)
Please submit your application per email (1 PDF, max. 5MB) to Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität Munich, Chair for Comparative Political Science, [email protected].
Deadline: The submission deadline for the Postdoctoral Research Fellow is August 7, 2022.