Digital Square invites applications for the Digital Entrepreneurs in Africa for Businesses, Organizations, and Social Entrepreneurs in 2022.
Health systems, as they currently exist, exclude people from care. For half of the world’s population, the nearest doctor or nurse can be hours, or even days away, and the health facilities that are reachable are unaffordable, understaffed, and under-resourced. System strengthening and system reform are needed at scale to ensure people can access the care they need, and communities are more prepared to respond to future pandemics and
other health crises.
This call seeks to connect local solutions to financial assistance, technical resources, and opportunities to scale for innovative entrepreneurs.
Worth of Award
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to:
- Become part of a continent-wide list that will be shared with donors, investors, and implementing partners globally.
- Be alerted to 3rd party funding opportunities.
- Pending the availability of resources, Digital Square will offer an organizational capacity self-assessment tool that supports organizations in becoming direct recipients of international funding sources.
Successful applicants in the request for application round will:
- Have access to financial capital required to develop, deploy and implement scalable digital health products. This financial support will initially be through a grants program and later through a partnership with existing donor programs and government co-investment.
- Gain visibility into existing developer communities that exist for co-learning and collaboration.
- Know what open source health tools exist and what is available for adaptation and could save time and resources in local development
- Have support in adapting open source solutions—even and especially from digital public goods
- Gain increased visibility in the global health development sector
- Grow stronger in their business and operational capabilities and sustainability, as well as their technical ones.
EOIs from African organizations, businesses, and entrepreneurs with the following profiles are invited:
- Demonstrated ability to support the implementation of software tools and products.
- An interest in engaging in the digital health space of a country and willingness to work with local governments, private sector health providers and health insurance schemes.
- Willingness to engage populations at scale; including populations that cannot directly purchase from vendors, but may be government beneficiaries.
- Team includes members with software expertise.
- Registered as a formal organization or business in the WHO SSA Region, with sufficient accounting mechanisms to track revenue and expenditures.
How to Apply
To start your application, simply click here.
Your application should include
- Business name
- Date of inception
- Country of registration
- Location of work/description of any other country/regional presence outside of where registered
- Organization size, # of staff (0-10, 10-20, 20-50, 50-100, 100+)
- What products and services you currently offer
- List and short description of up to 5 projects, products, or services.
Description of technical services, skills, and experience with
- Health Standards
- Health Architecture
Annual revenue up to 3 years; or projected revenue for current year
List of partners you commonly work with including other NGOs, faith-based organizations, governments, donors, commercial entities.
Are you interested in exploring government-as-customer opportunities? Do you have experience working with:
- Local government
- Public sector
- Diverse populations that may be unable to pay directly for your product/services
- Open source communities
If you do not have any experience with the above four groups, are you willing to engage with them if given the necessary introductions or connections?
Indicate if you have experience with or interest in working with the Community Health Toolkit (CHT).
Please provide a link to your website or more detailed descriptions (if applicable).
Equally provide up to five LinkedIn profiles of your organization’s key staff (optional).
Deadline: The deadline for submission of entries for the Digital Entrepreneurs in Africa is Friday, August 12, 2022, at 11:59 pm PDT.