WomEng invites applications for the WomEng Southern Africa Fellowship Programme in South Africa in 2022.
WomEng Southern Africa Fellowship 2022 is a one-of-a-kind online learning programme which provides Fellows with resources that equip them to thrive in the future world of work. The programme includes regular online chats via WhatsApp and live virtual master classes.
It will be run in four (4) modules between September 2022 – March 2023 with an assignment and feedback required at the end of each module. There will also be thinking, discussing, writing and reflecting tasks.
This programme is designed to shape the way young women in engineering and technology navigate the working world as confident leaders in industry.
The four (4) modules to be covered include:
- 1: Leadership – Unlocking and Telling Your Own Story
- 2: Innovation – Developing Skills for the Future World of Work
- 3: Well-being – Learning to Recharge and Practice Self-care
- 4: Employability – Thriving in the Workplace
Worth of Award
- Gain exclusive access to WomEng developed resources for leadership, innovation, well-being and employability skills.
- Grow professional networks.
- Gain access to mentorship opportunities.
- Grow their communities of other like-minded women in engineering and technology.
- Will have an opportunity to attend a networking event with leaders from De Beers Group and Zutari from your respective country (South Africa, Namibia or Botswana). This is specifically for engaged fellows.
Applications are open to all engineering, technology and built environment students that identify as women. However, applicants must be
- studying full-time at a university or university of technology in South Africa, Botswana or Namibia. Applicants that are not citizens of South Africa, Namibia or Botswana are eligible to apply.
- in the second last to final year of undergraduate studies or full-time postgraduate studies i.e. entering the workplace in 2023 or 2024.
- able to commit between 7-9 hours each month between September 2022 – March 2023 to participate in the programme. The programme is designed taking into consideration COVID-19 restrictions and foreseen academic workloads.
Kindly note that WomEng Fellowship alumni are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Click here to start your application.
Deadline: The deadline for submission of completed applications is August 7, 2022, 23:59 pm SAST.