Africa Youth Partnership invites applications for the YOTA Youth Innovation Challenge for Africans in 2022.
This challenge is to embolden young people to escalate their contributions to the African recovery agenda from the COVID-19 pandemic by spearheading a network of local catalytic solutions, supported by regional advocacy and policy influencing.
Worth of Award
Participants of the Youth Innovation Challenge stand the chance of receiving a mix of support to enable them to implement their solutions, including:
- Up to $5,000 USD of funding per project
- Business development advice from top experts in the field of innovation and human-centered design
- Access to carefully curated tools and resources to support the full cycle of youth-led innovation and human-centered design
- Opportunity to become part of a growing community of young African innovators for ongoing learning, sharing, and networking
- Opportunity to be supported to showcase solutions across various international multi-stakeholder platforms, processes, and convenings before the end of 2022
The Youth Innovation Challenge is open to:
- An individual young person between the age of 18 and 35; or an informal group of young people, or a local youth- or women-led organization or company (both non-profit or for-profit are welcome); female candidates or teams with predominantly female members are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Nationals of Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, and Nigeria who are resident in their countries or based in the diaspora.
- Persons who are passionate about using their skills to design innovative solutions to promote addressing the many socio-economic challenges posed to your country by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Truly innovative and impactful ideas or solutions that have the potential to change lives in a sustainable way.
How to Apply
Click here to start your application.
Deadline: July 29, 2022.