The Africa Platform of Ghent University Association (GAP) invites applications for the Short Stay Research Fellowships at Ghent University in Belgium in 2022.
As one of the five regional platforms at Ghent University, GAP facilitates and fosters academic collaboration between Ghent University Association and academic institutions in Africa. The Africa Platform hosts five visiting research fellows every year. Awardees will spend a minimum period of two weeks at Ghent University or one of the associated University Colleges.
Worth of Award
The fellowships consist of a grant of € 1,000 + one return flight ticket, for a minimum stay of two weeks, which is meant to cover (or contribute towards) travel and accommodation costs and living expenses.
The visiting scholars will be given an office space and access to facilities (such as the library) as a Ghent University visiting scholar.
The Africa Platform fellowships are aimed at researchers (junior or senior lecturers & professors) who are affiliated with an African higher education or research institution.
How to Apply
Your application should be in English or French and should include the following:
- cover letter in which you indicate: the period of your visit, the research group you would like to be affiliated with, and a motivation as to how your current and future research at your home university will benefit from a research stay at Ghent;
- research plan (research objectives, methods and tools, a work plan for the intended visit, possible long-term cooperation plans, etc.);
- list of your three most important publications (optional);
- short CV (max 2 pages) in annex to the application form.
It should also include your
- personal information;
- signature and the signature of the Ghent University promotor. This means that you should already have a Ghent University promotor at the application stage. You also need to submit a short motivation statement by the Ghent University promotor;
Your application should be submitted by email to [email protected] in one PDF file.
Deadline: Send in your application no later than October 1, 2022.