Applications for the Royal Society Entrepreneur in Residence (EiR) Scheme in the UK in 2022 are currently open.
The scheme aims to increase the knowledge and awareness in UK universities of cutting edge industrial science, research and innovation.
Worth of Award
The EiR awards are for two years. The value of the scheme is up to a maximum of £20,000 per year (including VAT where applicable), and is expected to cover the following:
- Salary equivalent to 0.2 FTE of the award holder’s current salary to spend 20% of their working time at the host. The EiR’s basic salary only will be paid during the secondment; the EiR’s employer will continue to pay national insurance and pension contributions.
- Travel and project costs for award holders to travel to and from their host, plus accommodation if required. Project costs to help deliver the aims of the project plan can also be included, as can conference attendance, meeting workshops and training.
The scheme covers all areas of the life and physical sciences, including engineering, but excluding clinical medicine.
The scheme is open to applicants of any nationality, who are eligible to work in the UK for the duration of the award. Applicants should have a background in science and engineering. They must be able to demonstrate significant experience of working in science in an industrial research context, and one or more of the following:
- experience of managing university-business collaborations and the translation and commercialization of research
- experience of entrepreneurship, such as company formation and growth, investment etc
- experience or interest in training, coaching or mentoring
Applicants can be either employed full-time, part-time, or self-employed.
How to Apply
Click here to start your registration.
Deadline: Applications for the Royal Society Entrepreneur in Residence are ongoing.