The African Economic Research Consortium invites applications for the AERC Collaborative PhD Programme (CPP) for Researchers in sub-Saharan Africa for the 2022/23 academic session.
Collaborative PhD Programme (CPP) in Economics’ primary aim is to strengthen teaching and research capacity in sub-Saharan African countries, to increase the pool of potential researchers and policy analysts, and to gradually build-up and retain African scholars in Africa, leading to an increase in capacity across the continent.
CPP aims to increase output of professionals conversant with – and specialists in – African issues, leading to the possible emergence of various theories and African solutions to these problems. CPP integrates theory, tools and African applications into academic teaching, ensuring that theory is firmly grounded on the empirical side.
Worth of Award
PhD proposals that are successfully presented at the biannual research workshop and positively evaluated by thematic groups resource persons are awarded a PhD thesis research grant.
To qualify, candidates must have
- applied and been admitted to any one of the CPP degree-awarding universities.
- attained at Bachelor’s Degree level at least a Second Class Honours (Upper Division) or equivalent in Economics or related field from an accredited university.
- a Masters Degree (with coursework and thesis component) in Economics, Agricultural Economics or related fields from a recognized University. The coursework should have covered microeconomics, macroeconomics and quantitative methods.
- female applicants from post-conflict and fragile states are encouraged to apply.
- possession of at least 1 relevant publication in a refereed journal will be an added advantage.
- evidence of engagement in economic management, research and/or training in the public sector will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to:
The Director of Training
African Economic Research Consortium (AERC)
3rd Floor, MEBANK Towers, Jakaya Kikwete Road
P.O. Box 62882-00200 Nairobi, Kenya
Email: [email protected]
Deadline: The AERC Collaborative PhD Programme application deadline is not later than August 31st.