The Open University invites applications for the Open Futures Scholarship for Black Students in the UK for the 2022/23 academic session.
It is committed to driving change and ensuring that academic institutions remain inclusive and accessible for all members of society. It will provide the opportunity for new, UK-resident students who identify as Black to study for free.
Worth of Award
50 scholarships will be available in 2022/23. A scholarship covers OU undergraduate credit-bearing modules and qualifications, paying for the full tuition cost of your qualification, up to 120 credits each seasonal academic year and 360 credits in total.
Successful recipients of a scholarship will also be entitled to receive a one-off £500 study costs grant to support with the cost of preparing for study with the OU, such as buying a laptop, study materials or arranging internet access.
To be eligible, you’ll need to meet all the following criteria:
- Identify as being from a Black background, applicants must have one of the following ethnicities:
- Black African
- Black Caribbean
- Black Other
- Mixed – White and Black Caribbean
- Mixed – White and Black African
- Other mixed background (include Black African, Black Caribbean or Black Other)
- Have a personal annual income of not more than £25,000 or be in receipt of a qualifying benefit
- Be ordinarily resident in the UK and eligible for a UK fee
- Hold no existing higher education qualification
- Be a new student to The Open University in academic year 2022/23
- Be intending to study towards an undergraduate OU qualification or module commencing in the 2022/23 academic year
- Be studying at a minimum intensity of 25% (30 credits) per academic year
How to Apply
To complete your application, simply click here.
Deadline: Applications for the Open Futures Scholarship close at midnight on July 22, 2022.