New Zealand Ministry for Primary Industries invites applications for the New Zealand Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarships (NZ-GRADS) for Students from Developing Countries for the 2022/23 academic year.
This scholarship offers the possibility for students from developing countries to come to New Zealand to work on research projects related to agricultural greenhouse gas mitigation.
For this special round, four PhD projects aligned with New Zealand research programmes have been selected:
- Assessing soil carbon changes associated with land management and land use change.
- Long-term soil phosphorus fertilizer implications for soil nitrogen cycling and Greenhouse Gas emission.
- Plant and plant/microbiome traits impacting N2O emissions from soil.
- Climate Neutral Farms (ClieNFarms).
Worth of Award
- The scholarship provides full tuition fees and a living stipend for up to three years.
- Furthermore, awardees will be actively supported through various extension and networking events that the GRA hosts in New Zealand.
The following criteria are non-negotiable for the New Zealand Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarships:
- cannot hold citizenship or permanent residency status in New Zealand or Australia
- must be from a developing country.
- can apply to one of the available projects.
Similarly, your PhD study must be conducted in New Zealand (not from a distance)
How to Apply
Note that all applications must be submitted via the Education New Zealand online application portal
The following information must be provided, and documents must be uploaded to the application portal:
- Evidence of citizenship for every country for which you hold citizenship
- Meet the requirements to enroll for a PhD programme at the selected University
- Academic transcripts, grading scale and certificate of completion
- One Page Motivation letter explaining why you would be the best candidate for the selected project
- CV (maximum two pages)
You will also need to provide the names and emails of two academic referees.
To ensure swift and smooth processing of the application documents, all attachments need to be uploaded in the application portal in the form of PDF files only.
Deadline: Applications must be completed and submitted by September 30, 11:59 pm New Zealand time.