Applications for the African Investigative Journalism Conference (AIJC) in South Africa in 2022 are currently open.
The Conference offers a limited number of fellowships for participation in this three-day celebration of the continent’s investigative reporting. This year the conference will return to a face-to-face event in Johannesburg, and will offer inspiring talks, engagement, networking and cutting-edge training in a range of skills.
Worth of Award
The Fellowship will cover
- flights to Johannesburg,
- airport transfers,
- accommodation in single rooms,
- transport to and from the conference,
- meals and
- conference fees.
It does not cover home-country transport, visa costs, personal in-country transport and hotel incidentals.
- Fellowships are open to journalists with a proven track record in investigative journalism who want to develop their skills and network with their colleagues.
- They will also be expected to be available to travel from Sunday, Oct 30, to Wed/Thurs Nov 2/3 (depending on flight availability).
- Special consideration will be given to those who submit a short video on what the conference means to them.
How to Apply
- Fellows will be asked to produce at least one piece of content arising out of the conference.
- They will require a passport valid for a minimum of six months after the conference.
To apply, please fill in this form: https://bit.ly/3nvedGp.
Also, send your CV to [email protected]
Deadline: Please send your applications for the African Investigative Journalism Conference by July 31, 2022.