The World Bank invites applications for the #YouthActOnEDU Spoken Word Competition in West and Central Africa in 2022.
Worth of Award
The top five selected entries will be published on select social media platforms of the World Bank and awarded a prize.
Eligible candidates must be citizens of a Western & Central African member country including
Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Republic of Congo, Ivory Coast, Gabon, Ghana, Equatorial, Liberia, Guinea, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, The Gambia, Togo
- They must also be between 18 and 35 years old
- Diverse, untraditional, and unheard voices are strongly encouraged to enter this competition. However, bank staff including its consultants and their immediate family members, contractors and their employees are not eligible to participate.
How to Apply
When sending your application,
- Upload a 1-minute video of yourself reciting your original poem.
- Your poem should answer the question: how can education unlock your potential and/or impact your community?
- Record yourself in a quiet place (no music or background noise). Listen to your audio before you upload to make sure you can be heard clearly. No other persons are allowed in the video.
- Make sure the video is not shaky.
- Ensure your video is artistic, original, and creative. Videos must not have been previously published or used for a commercial purpose such as private sale or used in monetized platforms. All content to be used must be original, including any music.
- Do not add any graphics, text, or captions. If you need to perform your poem in sign language, you are welcome to do so.
- Film in landscape mode.
Deadline: Submissions for the #YouthActOnEDU Spoken Word Competition are due July 20, 2022, Wednesday, 11:59 pm EDT.