Department of Pediatrics, University of Copenhagen, invites applications for the 2014 PhD Scholarship in Infection and immunity in Denmark. International and Danish students can apply for this fully-funded scholarships
The PhD project is part of a research project examining the role of microRNA in the pathogenesis of chronic hepatitis B in children. By employing an array of molecular biological techniques the project aims at a comprehensive characterization of the role of defined microRNAs in the pathogenesis of hepatitis B virus infection in a cohort of children with chronic hepatitis B in Denmark.
Recently, microRNAs aberrantly expressed in the children with chronic hepatitis B. The research project is headed by principal supervisor professor Birthe Høgh, Department of Paediatrics, Hvidovre Hospital and project supervisor professor Flemming Pociot, Department of Paediatrics, Herlev Hospital, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen. The project will include work at a research institution abroad.
Worth of Award
- The appointment will be for three years. The position is available from June 1, 2014. The successful candidate will be enrolled at the Graduate School, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen.
- The salary will be set according to Agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC) on salaried scholarships.
- Applicants should hold an MSc in molecular biomedicine, human biology, biochemistry, medicine or any related discipline. Documented experience within cellular and molecular biology research as well as proven interest and knowledge in infection and immunity is required.
- The in statute is looking for an independent, responsible and team-oriented candidate with excellent communication skills in spoken and written English.
Key criteria for assessment of candidates
- The grade point average achieved
- Professional qualifications relevant to the PhD project
- Relevant research work experience
- Previous publications
- Language skills
How to Apply
- All applications should be made online
Your application must include:
- Cover letter (explaining your motivation, interest and experience)
- Curriculum vitae
- Diploma and transcripts of recordsTwo letters of reference
Deadline: Application closes on May 12, 2014
Click here for details and to apply online