Applications are currently open for the Thomson Reuters Foundation Reporting on Locally Led Adaptation to Climate Change in the UK in 2022.
According to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, 3.5 billion people are highly vulnerable to climate impacts, as they suffer severe water shortages on a yearly basis. The rising temperatures and rainfall result in increased risk of exposure to deadly heat stress, serious flooding and the spread of diseases in people, crops, livestock and wildlife worldwide.
This training opportunity will offer 12 multimedia journalists a chance to deepen their understanding of the impacts of climate change at a local level, and hone their skills to draw urgent attention to them through news reporting.
Worth of Award
At the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Deepen your understanding of the different facets and challenges of climate change impacts on vulnerable communities to produce high-impact, news, features and opinion pieces
- Identify compelling story angles about solutions from local communities responding to the impacts of climate change
- Enhance fact-checking techniques while sharpening your critical thinking skills to counter misinformation and increase your audience trust
- Interview potentially vulnerable members of the public in a sensitive manner
This course is designed for journalists with experience or strong interest in climate change, public policy, and/or human rights. To better accommodate different time zones, priority will be given to journalists from Bangladesh, Egypt, Ghana, and Kenya.
- be full-time journalists or regular contributors for media organizations with a minimum of three years’ professional experience.
- have a high proficiency level in spoken and written English.
- have access to a minimum internet speed of 8 MB/second.
- commit to participating for the whole duration of the programme.
How to Apply
Start off your application for the Thomson Reuters Foundation Reporting on Locally Led Adaptation by simply clicking here.
Deadline: Please complete and submit the application form on July 17, 2022 by 6 pm BST.