ICIMOD invites applications for the Dr Andreas Schild Memorial Mountain Prize in 2022.
The Dr Andreas Schild Memorial Mountain Prize is awarded every year. It goes to an individual, organization, or private sector entity based in the HKH or beyond. Entities which has demonstrated outstanding efforts enabling sustainable and resilient mountain development in the HKH region. The goal here is to benefit the environment as well as communities—particularly the poor, the youth, and women.
Worth of Award
The prize is currently set at USD 2,500.
- Any individual can nominate any organization or a private sector entity or another individual that meets the eligibility criteria. This includes his/her own organization or company.
- The said individual (hereafter referred to as ‘nominator’) is expected to be very familiar with the work of the organization, company or individual s/he is nominating.
- The nominator should nominate only after receiving the consent of the nominee (head of the entity in case of an organization or company).
- Kindly note that self-nomination (nominating one-self for the prize) is not permitted and the nominator may nominate only once.
How to Apply
In particular, the nominator must:
- provide personal information on the nominee such as full name and contact address;
- specify in which work area(s) the nominee has made demonstrable impact;
- provide an overview of the nominee’s outstanding work;
- provide a credible narrative on how the nominee’s outstanding work has contributed to resilience of communities in the face of the pandemic and brought about transformative change on the ground;
- provide an argument for why the nominee deserves to win the prize;
- provide supporting documents, including links to online articles, or videos, or publications that provide evidence of the nominee’s work and impact;
- provide contact information of two referees who also know the nominee well;
- statement vouching for the accuracy of the information provided through the nomination form
You can access the nomination form here.
Deadline: Submit your nomination for the Dr Andreas Schild Memorial Mountain Prize by September 30, 2022.