The Munich Intellectual Property Law Center invites applications for the MIPLC DAAD Scholarship for Students from Developing Countries for the 2022/23 academic session.
Operating in Europe’s IP capital and combining the strengths of four partners from two continents, the MIPLC offers a one-year international IP LL.M. program for students from around the world that is marked by its interdisciplinary approach.
Worth of Award
Scholarship recipients will get a
- full MIPLC fee waiver
- monthly stipend of EUR 850
- payments towards health, accident and liability insurance coverage in Germany
- travel allowance, unless these costs are covered by the home country or by another funding source study and research allowance
- mandatory two-month German course before the start of the MIPLC LL.M. program (August and September, in Munich or another German city).
Since the DAAD scholarship includes a full fee waiver, you must apply simultaneously for MIPLC financial assistance.
You are eligible for the DAAD scholarship if you meet the following requirements in addition to the MIPLC admission criteria:
- are from a developing country and have not been living outside your home country (or another developing country) for more than the past two years.
- hold at least a four-year Bachelor’s degree (or a three-year Bachelor’s degree plus a further degree), completed with above-average results.
- received your latest degree no more than six years before your application.
- have at least two years of full-time professional experience gained in a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country. To meet this requirement, it is sufficient if you have completed the two years by February of the year in which you intend to start your studies at MIPLC.
How to Apply
Your application should include
Your signed CV in Europass format
A signed letter of motivation in English of no more than 1,000 words, discussing your background, your reasons for applying to MIPLC, how the LL.M. will advance your professional goals, and why you consider yourself particularly suited for our program. Please label this document [Your family name]_LoM.pdf
Two letters of recommendation
Degree certificates/diplomas for all academic degrees you have completed (Bachelor’sand higher).
Transcripts for all academic degrees you have completed (Bachelor’s and higher).
Information about the ranking you achieved in your graduation class(es).
School leaving certificate (diploma/degree/transcripts, whatever is available, from the school you completed before entering university), etc.
Deadline: You have to apply more than a year in advance, i.e. between June 1 and October 15 for the following academic year.