Snowden photo competition is officially accepting entries from contestants. The Snowden photo competition provides a unique opportunity to capture the diversity and beauty that is part the Mining Industry.
Worth of award
- Overall Winner: $10000
- People in Mining Winner: $1000
- Black and White Winner: $1000
- Landscapes of Mining Winner: $1000
- Equipment and Machinery in Mining Winner: $1000
- Entry is free and is open to entrants from all countries.
- The Entrant must be at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry.
- The Entrant must not be a professional photographer. In this clause, a ‘professional photographer’ is a photographer who derives more than 50% of his or her income from photography.
- Directors or employees of the Promoter shall not be eligible for entry. The immediate families of these persons shall not be eligible for entry. In this clause, ‘immediate family’ means a spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), brother or sister, step-brother or step-sister, parent or step parent.
How to Apply
- To enter the competition electronically the entrant must complete the entry form that can be found at the Snowden website, including the date and location of the photograph, and upload the photograph in jpeg (with a minimum of 3Mb), or *tiff format at 300dpi at an A4 size (30cm x 21cm).
- To enter the competition by post:
- The entrant must complete and entry form and send it with the photograph to PO Box 77, West Perth, 6872, Western Australia (entry forms are available from the office of the Promoter or online at the Snowden Intranet site;
- The size of the photograph must be at least A5 (15cm x 21cm) and no larger than A4 (30cm x 31cm); and
- The entrant must place an adhesive label on the back of the photograph with their name, contact details and the title, date and location of the photograph.
- The entrant may submit a maximum of three photographs for this competition.
- The photograph must have been taken by the entrant.
- The photograph must be a single work of original material and cannot be a composition of numerous images.
- The photograph must not be in the public domain.
- The photograph must not be altered, however: cropping, spot toning, dodging and burning (and their digital equivalents) in the course of normal fine-tuning is authorised; and (ii) contrast adjustment and colour adjustment in the course of normal fine-tuning is authorised.
- In this clause, what constitutes an alteration in the course of normal fine tuning is determined in the Promoter’s sole discretion.
- Subject to the terms and conditions of these Competition Rules, a photograph published on a website or exhibited in a gallery may be entered unless the photograph or intellectual property rights to it have been sold.
- The photograph must not have been entered into another competition.
- The photograph must be relevant to the theme of the competition which is “Celebrating the Mining Industry”
- The photograph must be submitted for entry during the term of the competition mentioned in
- The photograph must not be date stamped.
Deadline: Submission of photographs end on June 30, 2014.