Applications for the Africa Philanthropy Network Essay Contest in Tanzania in 2022 are currently open.
APN wants to conduct an Essay Contest with the purpose of showcasing the power of individual and community philanthropic giving models in transformative change. The Essay Contest will achieve the following specific objectives:
i. encourage youth to think about innovation and the practice of African philanthropic giving in addressing development challenges; and
ii. provides a space for African youth to raise their voices and a generate new African philanthropy narrative.
Worth of Award
The 1st prize winner walks away with $500, 2nd Prize winner walks away with $450 while the 3rd winner walks away with $425
as well as a scholarship to participate in APN Assembly in November 2022
- Speak at the Peer Learning event
- Feature in APN’s 2022 story book
- Profiled through social media platforms
- Uploaded on Simulizi Blog
- Becoming a commissioned writer for the Simulizi blog
- A certificate of participation
- The Contest will cover all sub-Saharan African countries
- Youth aged 18-35 years old
- Proficient in English, French, Portuguese, and Kiswahili.
How to Apply
- Contact details (emails, social media IDs)
- Copy of national ID or passport
- Passport size photo (jpeg or PNG format, high resolution, 1024 x 768 Pics, not more than 7 mb)
- Maximum 1500 words, font Arial Narrow, size 11. References and footnotes are not counted in the word count. Non adherence will automatically be disqualification. Plagiarism shall not be tolerated and all entrants are encouraged to site their work, if they intend to use information that is not theirs.
- All submission must be in either in English, French or Portuguese and Swahili.
- Only one entry per participant will be accepted.
Deadline: The close of applications for the Africa Philanthropy Network Essay Contest is June 29th, 2022.