Jackson Wild invites applications for the Jackson Wild Summit Fellowship Program for Storytellers Worldwide in 2022.
The Summit Fellowship is a comprehensive program for storytellers to accelerate their project in development through a series of skill-building workshops, networking events, pitching opportunities and mentorship. Projects in development must include a visual media component (e.g. short-form and long-form films, animation, VR/AR/360° video, a web series, a film impact campaign, etc.).
Projects can consist of a wide range of topics including but not limited to environmental justice, climate change, conservation, human-wildlife conflict, traditional ecological knowledge, etc. Applicants will be asked to clearly articulate their goals.
Worth of Award
2022 Summit Fellows will receive
- A complimentary pass to the 2022 Jackson Wild Summit
- Lodging that is covered for the duration of the fellowship
- A financial stipend to cover the cost of travel
- The Summit Fellowship is open to all storytellers from around the world
- Applicants must have at least 2 years of experience working in the industry
- Applicants must have at least one project in development
Ideal candidates include
- Emerging to mid-career wildlife, science and natural history storytellers who are interested in growing their network and gaining a deeper understanding of the industry as a whole
- Creators with a focus on visual media whose backgrounds are outside of nature-centered topics, but who are looking to “genre hop” into the wildlife film making industry
- Natural history/wildlife photographers who are in the process of expanding the scope of their work into video
- Storytellers who represent historically excluded communities are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
As a matter of fact, you can access the online application form by clicking this link.
Deadline: Applications for the Jackson Wild Summit Fellowship close on July 1, 2022 at 11:59 pm EDT.