The Association for Research on Civil Society in Africa (AROCSA), in collaboration with other partners invite applications for the AROCSA Emerging African Scholars PhD Workshop in Nigeria for the 2022/23 academic year.
AROCSA is a Pan-African platform that enables the production of, and facilitates access to a body of knowledge on civil society. It informs and empowers CSOs to contribute to societal transformation. It envisions an Africa where knowledge generation of, and dissemination on civil society by scholars and practitioners reflect global excellence standards and propels development on the continent.
Worth of Award
- PhD Workshop is a full-day professional development and intellectually engaging workshop.
- seminar seeks to provide guidance for emerging scholars on the path to a successful career. It also seeks to help sharpen their research skills and address the challenges that African PhD students face.
- goal is to provide scholarly research support, professional advice and mentoring for doctoral students. These are students in the field of nonprofit management, philanthropy, civil society, social entrepreneurship, and voluntary action studies.
- goal is to provide scholarly research support, professional advice and mentoring for doctoral students in the field of nonprofit management, philanthropy, civil society, social entrepreneurship and voluntary action studies.
The program is open to doctoral students from Africa whose research focus is on nonprofit management, philanthropy, civil society, social entrepreneurship and voluntary action studies in Africa. Students at the various under-listed stages in their doctoral program are encouraged to apply:
- Students who have defended a dissertation proposal
- Students who have not yet defended a dissertation proposal
- Students whose dissertation plans are not yet fully formed
How to Apply
Applications must include the following:
- 5-page description of dissertation research or proposed research outline (double space, 12 pt font with one inch margins)
- Brief Statement of Purpose, outlining how the student expects to benefit from participation in the Virtual PhD Workshop
- Recommendation from student’s dissertation advisor/faculty advisor
Please compile your 5-page description, your Statement of Purpose and recommendation letter in one PDF document before submitting.
Click here to submit your application.
Deadline: June 15, 2022 is the application deadline for the AROCSA Emerging African Scholars.